Wednesday, June 17, 2009

smells like teen spirit

alright first off the title has nothing to do with this blog. i'm just jammin out to Nirvana and couldn't think of a title. :-)

So,

Going to cypress affords me many connections, ie. being a Toyota employee (not paid of course), having access to their database of information on every car/truck they've made (Toyota, scion, or Lexus) , and a faster means of attaining a job at a Toyota, Scion, or Lexus dealer as a mechanic. This semester a friend of mine took 3 of 8 of his certification tests, passed them, and within 48 hours he had an interview at Lexus of Westminster. This got me pretty excited that I'd be in a similar situation myself once I took my tests. Well, I took them. I passed 2 of 3, and i'll be retaking the third one next month.

I e-mailed the Toyota director at my school and he told me there are no job openings right now. Bummer. So now, after 4-6 months of thinking my long awaited career is going to begin this summer, I have to go find yet another temporary job until I can find an opening somewhere. I've been jobless since January. Thankfully my mom has the heart to support me. But I'm getting tired of it. I want so badly to be self sufficient. And to use my own money instead of asking for it from my mom.

So now that we got that covered. I am gonna go on a big diet plan that I've been putting off for a while. I'm gonna try and lose around 20 pounds, it's not alot but it's a start. Hopefully i can do it by the end of the summer. I'm hoping I can get a new bike for my birthday so I can decommission the explorer hopefully for a good portion of my commutes to friends houses and stuff like that. As for now i'm gonna stick with eating right and exercising like 3-4 times a week. Wish me luck.

Have an awesome day peoples.

No comments:

Post a Comment